Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Friday, December 20, 2013

Green Chile Pork Tacos

Green Chile Pork Tacos
I have been on a quest to clean out the freezer of all meat. I have nearly concluded, but I still have an excess of thick cut pork chops, I blame the Costco coupons.  I was looking for a meal to make before Thanksgiving and tacos seemed like a perfect choice.  I wanted a recipe in which I could use up some of the pork chops, so I adapted a recipe from the New York Times.  I loved this recipe, it was really easy and the meat was so flavorful.  Sometimes pork can dry out, but that wasn't an issue here.  I did add a tablespoon or two of broth to the pan, but water would work just as well.  Miss F added beans to hers (shocker!)
Green Chile Pork Tacos

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound pork, cut into cubes
1 can green chiles, 4 ounces
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons ancho chile powder
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
10 flour tortillas
1 tomato, diced
½ cup shredded colby jack cheese
1 lime

In a Dutch oven, heat oil over high heat, then add pork and cook until browned on all sides. Reduce heat to low and add green chiles, salt, chile powder, and cumin. Let simmer for one hour, until pork is tender.
Shred pork in the pot with two forks, and add a little water or chicken broth to reconstitute the sauce if necessary. Let simmer for another 15-20 minutes, and add additional salt to taste. Heat tortillas, and add some pork to each. Top with tomato, avocado, cheese and a squeeze of lime juice.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...