Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Monday, May 13, 2013

Pink Zebra Cake

Pink Zebra CakeWhen I saw this technique on Pinterest from My Cake School, I knew I wanted to try it.  I didn't want to fuss with two cake flavors, so I decided to make only the vanilla cake and dye half of the batter hot pink.  Much much easier than fussing with two cake mixes...I mean, if I am using a box cake mix, I want things to be easy.  Make sure to check out My Cake School's step by step pictures.  I was lucky this cake turned out at all considering all my issues that day, no way could I handle step by step photography on top of baking!
Pink Zebra Cake

1 box vanilla cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
2 to 3 drops hot pink food coloring
1 recipe chocolate cream cheese frosting, recipe follows

Prepare the cake mix per package instructions.  Divide the batter into two equal portions.  Use the food coloring to color half of the batter.  Grease and flour two 8" cake pans.  Drop 1/4 cup of batter, alternating colors, in each pan until there are 8 to 10 concentric circles of alternating colors.  Bake per package instructions.  Cool and frost with chocolate cream cheese frosting.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
¼ cup butter, softened
½ cup cocoa powder
4 cups confectioners’ sugar

Beat cream cheese, butter and cocoa powder until combined. Add the confectioners’ sugar ½ cup at a time making sure to incorporate it fully before you add the next ½ cup.
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Happy Valley Chow said...

Great job, that looks awesome!

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Laura said...

I've been wanting to try a Zebra Cake. I love the pink twist!

Alida said...

Love this! Bookmarking for when my baby girl gets older :)

Hezzi-D said...

That looks awesome! I've heard people have a hard time making the stripes but yours turned out fabulous!

Mr. & Mrs. P said...

What a pretty looking girly cake!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...