Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Roasted Rack of Lamb

rack of lambI actually have half a rack of lamb pictured in the picture.  Lamb was on sale for Easter and I jumped on it.  Miss F's favorite meat is probably lamb, but we don't have it that often.  I figured I started her on lamb with herb roasted lamb chops last year, why not try a pricier cut on Easter Sunday?  She (and C) gobbled it right up.  We ate the entire (half) rack.  Thanks so much to The Imitation Chef for the fantastic recipe.  I am not sure how often I will get to make it in the future considering the half rack was $18 on sale, but I know I want to make it again soon for my favorite tiny carnivore.
Roasted Rack of Lamb

3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 rack of lamb, trimmed and Frenched

Preheat oven to 450 degrees and move oven rack to center position. In a bowl combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a cast iron grill pan over high heat. Season the rack with the herb mixture and sear in pan for 1-2 minutes on each side. Wrap the bones in foil to prevent burning. Transfer the rack to a baking dish and roast for 20 to 30 minutes, until the internal temperature is 130 degrees. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love lamb also....fyi Sam's Club actually sells New Zealand lamb chops (both rack and loin chops) at fairly good prices. I usually make a trip and check to see if there are any discounts because of approaching sell by dates. It doesn't happen all the time, but there are times when I have timed it just right so I buy a couple packs at discount and freeze immediately. My 2 year old girl daughter loves them too!

ally_m146 said...

I'm so glad your family enjoyed this! I saw you pin it earlier and I thought it looked familiar:). We would also eat lamb more often if it wasn't so expensive. I think I ended up getting a rack for $14 at Wegmans on special when I made it.

Anonymous said...

Since the recipe specifies a rack of lamb, did you modify the cooking time since you only made a half rack (4 ribs) of lamb? I appreciate your help; thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...