Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Recipe Swap: Chicken with Artichokes and Feta

Chicken with Artichokes and FetaI participated in a Chicken Recipe Swap. I submitted my Chicken Artichoke Pasta to the swap and in return, I got Chicken with Artichokes and Feta. I totally admit I have cheese issues.  I like very few cheeses that are not warm, a triple creme is yummy, but other than that...not for me.  And Feta isn't for me either.  So I decided to do two breasts of chicken, one with Feta for C and one without for me.   C picked the Feta off straight away...which is nothing new.  Total waste of $5.99 for the Feta cheese.  Then he told me he doesn't like lemon in his food, this is a new one for me, especially considering I cook with lemon quite often.  I guess obvious lemon slices are what her doesn't prefer.  This dish was very nice, you cannot go wrong with the lovely combination of artichokes and chicken.  
Chicken with Artichokes and Feta Cheese

6 ounce jar of marinated artichokes, quartered (I used plain canned)
½ cup sun dried tomatoes, cut into strips
6 skinless, boneless chicken tenders (I used 2 chicken breasts)
½ teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
6 thin lemon slices
½ cup white wine
½ cup chicken broth

Heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a medium sized baking dish scatter the artichoke hearts, pearl onions, and sun dried tomatoes over the bottom. Arrange the chicken tenders on top of the vegetables in a single layer. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle the crumbled feta on top of the chicken breast tenders. Top each tender with a lemon slice. Slowly pour the wine and chicken broth into the dish. Bake for 40 minutes, checking on the chicken in the middle of baking and spooning the pan juices over top of the cooking chicken. Remove from oven and serve over rice (I added ½ cup dry orzo pasta halfway through cooking), spooning the pan juices over everything.

Source: Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Priyanka said...

Looks so yummy :)

Hezzi-D said...

It looks great! Glad you enjoyed it!

jennifer said...

Looks really good. Can't wait to try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...