Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Apple and Cranberry Baked French Toast

I first made this for my breakfast club at work. I made two 9x13 pans of it and every single piece was gone. Some people came back for thirds, it was a definite hit. C had asked for egg nog French toast, but I think egg nog is grosser than gross, so there was no way I was making it. He was disappointed, but still managed to eat three giant pieces. Even Miss F ate an entire slice. And the bonus is we have leftover dried cranberries for her to snack on.

Apple and Cranberry Baked French Toast

Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 loaf French bread or any other sweet bread, such as brioche or Hawaiian.
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla

Combine brown sugar, butter and 1/3 cinnamon in a 13 X 9 baking pan. Add apples and cranberries; toss until you coat the fruit well. Spread apple mixture evenly over baking dish. Arrange slices of bread on top of fruit/sugar mixture.

Mix the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon and pour over the bread; make sure the bread is completely soaked.

Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 24 hours.

Bake covered in a 375 degree oven for approx 40-50 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5 minutes to lightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes; serve warm.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

This sounds delicious. I love making big breakfasts on Sundays.

Monica said...

Thanks for this recipe! I made it for my husband's office and they ate it up! Luckily I was able to try a bit myself and it was delicious.

Anonymous said...

Thank you K. I am serving this Christmas morning and will think of you and Miss F fondly as we all scarf it down! - michellebelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...